Cooked Rice Pancakes ( Healthy Breakfast)
Recipe type: Breakfast
Here is a great way to convert last night’s leftover rice into a healthy breakfast! cooked rice pancakes are made with a dough of cooked rice bound together with besan. The addition of shredded veggies brings in loads of nutrients while green chillies and coriander add a savoury touch. Serve with nutritious green chutney for a filling breakfast that will keep you going for hours.
- 2 cups cooked rice (chawal)
- ⅓ cup grated carrot
- ⅓ cup chopped spring onions
- ⅓ cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- ½ cup besan (bengal gram flour)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 2 green chillies , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp low fat curds (dahi)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- salt to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 5 tsp oil to cook
- To Serving
- nutritious green chutney
- Combine the ingredients except the oil in a bowl.
- Add enough water to make a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Using wet hands, press one portion of the dough onto a damp cloth to form a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle.
- Lift the cloth and upturn the pancake on to a non-stick pan.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown using a little oil. Repeat with the remaining dough to make 9 more pancakes.
- Serve hot with nutritious green chutney.