Corn Cheese Sandwich
Recipe type: Breakfast
A corn sandwich with carrot, spring onions and cheese. Good for children when served as snacks!
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup spring onions
- ½ tsp chopped green chillies
- 1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp white sauce
- freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- ½ cup processed cheese
- butter for toasting
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the carrots, spring onions and green chillies, mix well and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled corn, salt, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add 3 tbsp of white sauce and mix well.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Cut and discard the crust from the bread slices.
- Layer half of the corn mixture on one of the slice and garnish with grated cheese and sprinkle little salt and pepper top with another bread slice.
- Again layer the remaining corn mixture and garnish with grated cheese and again sprinkle little salt and pepper top with another bread slice.
- Grill or toast by using butter for 5 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and cut into triangles and serve hot.