Mushroom Oregano Open Sandwich
Recipe type: Breakfast
The oregano is the perfect spice for mushrooms, as you can see from the filling for this open sandwich. Garnished with tomatoes and parsley, the mushroom oregano open sandwich looks very appealing too.
- 8 brown bread slices
- butter for spreading
- For The Mushroom Filling:
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2½ tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 4 green chillies , finely chopped
- 1½ cups finely chopped mushrooms (khumbh)
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish:
- finely chopped parsley
- finely chopped tomato
- For the mushroom filling:
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the onions till they are translucent. Add the flour and green chilli and fry for a few more seconds.
- Add the mushrooms, oregano and salt. Cook for a few minutes on a very high flame until the mushrooms are soft.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Trim the edges of the bread slices.
- Toast the bread slices in the oven at 150°c (300°f) or on a tava on both sides till they are golden brown.
- Butter the bread slices.
- Top each toasted buttered slice with a portion of the filling.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley and tomatoes and serve immediately.