North African beans and eggs
Recipe type: Breakfast
Packed with flavour, this hearty North African dish is perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 red capsicums, thinly sliced
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can four bean mix, rinsed, drained
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika, plus extra to sprinkle
- 4 eggs
- Step 1
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook capsicum, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until browned and softened. Stir in tomatoes, beans, paprika and ⅓ cup (80ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Step 2
- Using a large spoon, make 4 holes in bean mixture. Crack an egg into each hole. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until egg whites are set. Sprinkle with extra paprika to serve.