Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
For Mother’s Day, kids love to “surprise” moms with homemade treats from the heart. Here is an easy cookie recipe for your kids to try out and impress Mom on her special day. Older kids can do it “all by themselves” and little ones can spend precious “mommy time” bonding. If you don’t have kids, don’t worry…its one scrumptious cookie that you just have to try!
- All-Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Baking Soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Quick Oats (uncooked) – 1 cup
- Butter – 2 sticks (1 cup ), softened
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Brown sugar – ¾ cup
- Eggs – 2 large
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Chocolate Chips – 2 cups (approx 12 oz)
- Walnuts – 1 cup, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine Flour, Oats, Baking Soda and Salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream together softened Butter, Sugar and Brown Sugar with a hand mixer (approx 2 minutes).
- Add one Egg and beat into the mixture.
- Add second Egg and continue to beat until incorporated.
- Add Vanilla and Lemon Juice and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, a little at a time while mixing.
- Fold in Chocolate Chips and Walnuts.
- Chill cookie dough in the refrigerator for approx 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop portions of cookie dough onto the tray leaving ample space between the cookies (approx 6 cookies per 9 x 13 tray).
- Bake 13 – 15 minutes until cookies appear golden brown.
- Cool cookies on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.