Paan gulkand drink recipe
Recipe type: Drinks
paan gulkand drink - a summer cooler made with pureed betel leaves, gulkand and almond milk along with basil seeds.
- 6-7 betel leaves/paan - gives approx ⅓ or ½ cup of puree
- 4 cups chilled almond milk or cow's milk or 3 cups of milk + 1 cup chilled water
- ½ tbsp basil seeds/sabza soaked in enough water
- 1 tbsp rose syrup or rooh afza (optional)
- 4-5 tbsp gulkand or as required
- 2 to 3 tbsp of chopped dry fruits - almonds, pistachios, cashews, dry figs etc (optional)
- rinse the betel leaves well in water.
- in a small blender, puree the betel leaves with some water.
- in a bowl or jar, mix the betel leaves puree and almond milk.
- stir well.
- now add the gulkand and stir well again.
- strain the soaked sabza seeds and add these.
- stir in the rose syrup or rooh afza.
- add the chopped dry fruits.
- mix well and serve the paan gulkand drink in tall glasses.
- you can also chill the drink and serve paan gulkand drink later.