Pesarapappu Payasam Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
Learn how to make Pesarapappu Payasam recipe at home. Sweet dish made from moong dal and milk. Simple to make and taste excellent. Traditional telangana sweet dish made on pongal day. If you find this Pesarapappu Payasam recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Pesarapappu Payasam recipe, so that any one can make this Pesarapappu Payasam very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- 1 cup of Moong dal soaked
- ¼ cup basmati rice, dry roasted and coarsely ground in grinder
- 3 cups thickened milk
- 1 cup sugar or Jaggery dissolved in to thick syrup
- 1 tsp cardomom powder
- Badam, Kaju and raisins for garnishing
- ½ cup ghee
- Cook the moong dal till soft but not too soft like a paste and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the coarsely ground basmati rice.
- Add water and cook covered till done.
- Add the moong dal to this.
- Add the sugar / jaggery syrup and cook on simmered flame till it is well blended with dal and rice.
- Now add the thickened milk to this and cook well on slow flame and till you get the desired consistency.
- Add the chopped nuts and raisins and remove from fire.
- Can serve this hot or chilled as per your choice.