Quick Kalakand – Indian Milk Burfi
Recipe type: Dessert
So there is an easy way to do things and there is a not-so-easy way! Here we show you the easy way to make Kalakand! “Easy” because it has only 2 major ingredients AND ready to eat in under 2 hours and only 1 dish to clean, how can you go wrong with that? Try this mithai recipe for the festivals, holidays or as a hostess gift and you’ll have everyone licking their fingers! With Holi right around the corner and host of other festivals coming up, now is a perfect time to showcase your culinary skills.
- Ricotta Cheese – 15 oz
- Condensed Milk – 14 oz
- Rose Water – ¼ – ½ tsp (or 2-3 drops of Rose Essence)
- Cardamom Powder – ¼ tsp
- Chopped Pistachios – ½ tbsp
- Chopped almonds – ½ tbsp
- In a microwave safe square or rectangle dish, mix the Ricotta Cheese and the Condensed Milk well.
- Mash down all the lumps with a help of a whisk.
- Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Take out and mix well. Make sure that you loosen the edges.
- Back in the microwave 3 more minutes, uncovered.
- Take out and mix.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, covered. Take out and mix.
- Microwave for 2 minutes,cross covered, take out and mix.
- Microwave for another 6 minutes, uncovered taking out and stirring every 2 minutes.
- Once done, mix well.
- Add in the Powdered Cardamom and Rose Syrup/Rose Essence and mix well again.
- Press down and flatten the mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped Pistachios and Almonds on top and press them down to help them stick.
- Cover and allow to set either in the refrigerator for an hour or on the counter-top for a few hours.
- Cut into desired shape and serve.