Sambharam (Spiced Yogurt Drink)
Recipe type: Drinks
Sambharam is a refreshing yogurt drink popular in South India. With soaring temperatures, this light and flavorful concoction is the perfect beverage to cool the body and soul.
- Yogurt – ¾ cup
- Water – 1¼ cup
- Ginger Pieces – to taste
- Green Chilies – to taste
- Lemon Grass or Lime/Lemon Leaves – few pieces
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Curry Leaves – few
- Blend Water and Yogurt to make a smooth liquid.
- Roughly pound or crush Green Chilies, Ginger and Lemon Grass with a mortal and pestal and add it to the yogurt mixture.
- Add Asafoetida, Salt and roughly torn Curry Leaves.
- Mix well and serve over ice.