Sol Kadi – An Exotic Indian Drink Recipe
Recipe type: Drinks
Sol Kadi is a refreshing Konkani drink with a light coconut base and a hint of kokum. I first had it in Goa quite a few years ago and just fell in love with it. Once you try it, we are sure you’ll be hooked to this unique Indian drink recipe.
- Black Wet Kokum – 4-5 pcs
- Hot Water – 1 cup
- Coconut Milk – 6 oz (approx)
- Green Chili – to taste, minced
- Asafoetida – ½ pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Cilantro Leaves – for garnish
- Soak the Kokum in the hot water for about an hour.
- Grind it in a blender (optional)
- Strain and pour out in a jug.
- Add in the Asafoetida and the minced Green Chili. Mix.
- Add in the Coconut Milk and Salt.
- Garnish with Cilantro leaves.
1. Sol Kadi or Kadhi can be had chilled (as a drink) or at room temperature (with rice).