Recipe type: easyrecipes spl
Dalimbi bhat Dalimbi Bhat is a traditional, very delicious Maharashtra delicacy made with field beans, rice and spices especially cooked for special occasions. This yummy popular is aromatic, flavorful and has all the rich spices of India, the special spice mix Gouda masala from the Maharashtrian cuisine and the flavorful sweet grated coconut giving this dish amazing taste and flavours that would tickle your taste buds craving for more.
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter 1 Tablespoons
- Coriander Leaves 1 Springs
- Oil 1 Tablespoons
- Fresh Grated Coconut 1 Tablespoons
- Salt To Taste
- Sugar Or Jaggery 1 Teaspoons
- Curry Leaves few Springs
- Green Chillies, Crushed 4-5 Numbers
- Cumin Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Mustard Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Hing (asafoetida) Pinch
- Garam Masala Powder ½ Teaspoons
- Coriander Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder ¼ Teaspoons
- Red Chilli Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Goda Masala 1 Teaspoons
- Field Beans (Dalimbi/ Kadwe Vaal/ Surti Vaal) ½ Cup
- Basmati Rice 1½ Cup
- Hot Water As Needed
- Wash and soak the beans overnight in plenty of water. Next morning, drain all the water and rinse beans until the water runs clear.
- Wash and drain the rice and keep aside. Meanwhile bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, when the oil is hot enough, add mustard seeds.
- When they splutter, add cumin seeds, crushed green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add soaked field beans and fry them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, hing, coriander powder, goda masala and salt. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add rice (just water nicely and water drained) and mix well.
- Add hot water, i.e. for 1 cup of rice add 2 cups of hot water and stir gently.
- Add a pinch of sugar. (Check the seasoning and adjust as per your taste). Bring it to a boil and then cover the pan with the lid.
- When most of the moisture is evaporated, then add 1 tsp of ghee and sprinkle some fresh grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves. Cover with lid and simmer for another 5 mins. The Dalimbi bhat is ready to be served.