Recipe type: Appetiser
this very easy recipe for a basic Hummus that we just love! It is great as a dip or spread. Serve with some crakers, pita bread or pita chips or just replace it with butter on toasts!
- Garbanzo Beans – 1, 15 oz can, drained and rinsed
- Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
- Tahini (Sesame Seed Paste) – 2 Tbsp (or more to taste)
- Salt – ¼ tsp or to taste
- Lemon Juice – 2 Tbsp
- Water – ¼ cup
- Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Add Garbanzo Beans, Garlic, Tahini, Salt to a food processor or blender.
- Once roughly ground, add water, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Blend into a smooth paste, pushing down the sides in the food processor.
- To serve, spread on a platter and drizzle olive oil, sprinkle chopped parsley and roasted pine nuts.