Recipe type: easy recipes spl
khameeri roti is made by using yeast (khameer) and therefore is very soft to eat.
- Crush Pepper ½ Teaspoons
- Fennel Seed Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Butter 1 Tablespoons
- Milk ½ Cup
- Sugar 1 Tablespoons
- Salt To Taste
- Butter Milk ¼ Cup
- All Purpose Flour 1½ Cup
- Poppy Seeds ½ Teaspoons
- Saffron Pinch
- Take a bowl add butter milk, salt, sugar, all purpose flour; mix this well, rest it for over night.
- Take a bowl add fermented batter, add milk, all purpose flour, salt, mix it and knead it for 4 minutes and rest it for 5 minutes,
- then add butter, again knead it for 5 minutes, and cover it and let it rest for 2 hours.
- Take a bowl add sugar, fennel powder, crush pepper, poppy seeds, mix this and keep it aside.
- Divide the dough in to two equal portions,
- take the baking tray and add two portions and spread with fingers like a naans and apply with saffron and sugar water, sprinkle the masala on top, cook this at 270 c for 6 to 7 minutes.