Masala Peanuts (aka Raja Special )
Recipe type: Appetiser
Raja Special is a great Indian appetizer that is synonymous with clubs, bars and drinks. It’s amazing what some onions, lemon juice and some spices can do to dress up the already popular peanut! It is a great make-ahead appetizer for parties. Raja Special is also known as Masala Peanuts…enjoy!
- Peanuts – 2 cups
- Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
- Cilantro – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
- Green Chilies – 1-2, to taste, finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 4 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – to taste
- If you have roasted peanuts, put them in a wok to freshen and warm them up.
- If you have Raw Peanuts, roast them in a wok with a little bit of oil till they turn light golden brown.
- Once the peanuts are roasted, turn off the flame and add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and adjust Salt, Spices and Lemon Juice to taste.
1 Health tip – if you want to avoid using oil for roasting the peanuts – dry-roasting works just as well. 2 Store bought Roasted Peanuts are a great time saver, you can buy the salted or unsalted variety.