Seven Layer Dip
Recipe type: Appetiser
Have a party coming up for which you need an appetizer recipe to feed a crowd? Seven Layer Dip (7 Layer Dip) is your answer. Make it ahead and serve this Mexican inspired dip with warm tortillas or chips. Don’t let the name (7 Layer) stop you. Go ahead and add an eighth layer (jalapenos) or ninth layer (salsa). It’s a sure fire crowd pleaser!
- Refried Beans – click for recipe
- Guacamole – click for recipe
- Sour Cream mixed with a little Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Cheese (Mexican blend or Cheddar)
- Tomatoes – chopped
- Black Olives – sliced
- Green (Spring) Onions – chopped
- Optional Ingredients:
- Pickled Jalapenos – sliced (layer after cheese)
- Salsa – (layer after beans)
- Layer each ingredient (in the order provided) in a deep serving platter. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1-2 hours minimum. Can be made one day in advance.