spanish rice – arroz mexicana
Recipe type: easy recipes spl
flavorful and spicy – spanish rice
- 2 cups rice
- 3-4 medium sized tomatoes, chopped or 2 tbsp tomato paste or 1 cup tomato puree
- 4-5 garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large capsicum/green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 or 2 green chilis, chopped
- ½ tsp black pepper or ½ tsp red chili powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- heat olive oil in a pan.
- add the onions and fry them for a minute.
- add the rice to the onions.
- saute the rice with the onions till the rice becomes light brown and opaque.
- add the tomatoes, garlic, bell peppers and green chilies and continue sauting for some 2-3 minutes.
- add the water or vegetable stock with salt and pepper.
- cover and cook the rice till its done.
- serve the spanish rice hot.