Recipe type: Breakfast
Rice and vegetable flavoured with a spicy red chilli paste. A fiery feast
- 1 cup long grained rice (basmati)
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup carrot cubes
- 2 tbsp curds (dahi)
- a few mint leaves (phudina)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- salt to taste
- To be ground into a chilly paste:
- 6 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- 3 cloves garlic (lehsun)
- 12 mm. (1/2") piece ginger (adrak)
- 2 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- Clean and wash the rice. Soak in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- In a glass bowl, combine the ghee and the chilly paste and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, peas, carrots, curds and salt with 2½ cups of water. Microwave on HIGH for 12 minutes, stirring twice in between after every 4 minutes.
- Add the mint leaves and toss tightly.