Thai Red Curry – Thai Cuisine
Recipe type: Appetiser
One of the most famous and popular Thai dishes, this Thai Red Curry is easy to make with Chicken or Tofu, a fabulous non-vegetarian or a vegetarian dish. The color is very appealing to the eyes and the palate. Enjoy this great easy Thai dish in the comfort of your own home.
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Red Curry Paste – 2-3 tbsp
- Coconut Milk – 2 cans (14oz/400ml each)
- Palm Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce or Fish Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Snow Peas – handful
- Red Bell Pepper – ¼, sliced
- Green Bell Pepper – ½, sliced
- Canned Straw Mushrooms – ¼ cup
- Bamboo Shoots – 4-6 pcs., bite-size
- Carrots – ½ thin slices
- Sweet Onion – ¼, sliced
- Frozen Peas – ¼ cup
- Thai Basil Leaves – 4-6, torn up
- Thai Basil Leaves – for garnish
- Chicken Breast – 1.5 lb, bite size pieces
- OR / AND
- Extra Firm Tofu – 14 oz block, cubed
- In a pan, heat the Oil.
- Once hot, add in the Red Curry Paste and mix well.
- Add in the Coconut Milk and mix again.
- Also, add in the the Grated Palm Sugar, Soy Sauce and Fish Sauce (optional).
- If you are making the Non-vegetarian dish, you can add in the Chicken now, mix , cover and allow chicken to cook ¾th of the way (approx 5-10 min).
- After that, you can open up the dish and carry on with the rest of the procedure.
- If you are making the vegetarian style, skip steps 5 and 6 and add vegetable to the gravy.
- Start adding the vegetables – Snow Peas, Red Bell Pepper, Green Bell Pepper, Mushrooms, Bamboo Shoots, Carrots, Sweet Onions, Peas, Baby Corn.
- Add in Tofu and mix gently.
- Also, add in some torn Basil Leaves and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- For Non-vegetarian – cook till the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- For Vegetarians – cook till the tofu is heated all the way.
- Garnish with a few more Thai Basil Leaves and serve hot with some Jasmine Rice.