Beef and bean tacos
Recipe type: kids
Come out of your shell to create this Mexican taco meal with a tasty twist, thanks to this fab filling!
- 750g beef fillet (see note)
- 160g sachet Maggi Portuguese ten minute marinade
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 large red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander leaves
- 10 flour tortillas
- 50g baby spinach
- Place beef in a large glass or ceramic dish. Add approximately ¾ of the marinade. Turn to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate. Heat a greased chargrill or barbecue plate on medium heat. Cook, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining marinade for 15 minutes, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
- Meanwhile, place beans, capsicum, garlic, oil, lime juice and coriander in a bowl. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat tortillas following packet directions. Divide beef evenly between tortillas. Top with spinach and bean mixture. Serve.