Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make African Chicken (African) recipe using our easy to make homemade African Chicken (African) recipes. Try this homemade African Chicken (African) cooking recipe at your home.
- 1 kg chicken (broiler)-cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 green pepper-cut into strips
- ½ cup onion-chopped fine
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- 1½ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp powdered black pepper
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp chilli sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup stock or water
- Heat oil and brown chicken pieces on all sides over high heat. Remove and keep aside.
- To the same pan add the onion and saute till tender.
- Stir in the tomato puree, salt, pepper, thyme, chilli sauce, peanut butter and stock.
- Mix in the chicken too and transfer the mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a pre-heated oven for 45 minutes or so, till the chicken is cooked through.