Cajun chicken with avocado, lime and chilli salsa
Recipe type: Curries
Spice up your weeknight night with this healthy, low-carb Cajun chicken dish.
- 4 small (180g each) chicken breast fillets
- 1 tbs sweet paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 avocado, flesh cubed
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 tbs freshly snipped chives
- Olive oil spray
- 250g steamed green beans
- Cut each breast into 3 thin escalopes, then toss in the combined paprika and cayenne to lightly coat. Set aside. Place avocado, lime, chilli and chives in a bowl. Season and stir gently to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large frypan over high heat and spray with oil. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes each side until cooked. Stand for 3 minutes, then halve each piece on an angle. Serve chicken on beans and salsa, and drizzle with any resting juices.
This dish is a good source of folate, potassium and monounsaturated fatty acids.