Chicken Do Pyaza
Recipe type: Curries
Chicken Do Pyaza is traditionally a very long and tedious recipe but this great short and easy version makes it possible in our busy lives. It is absolutely delicious and one of my family’s favorites.
- Onions – 4 (Medium size)
- Chicken -2 lbs (bite size pieces)
- Garlic –3 cloves
- Ginger– 2 tbsp
- Yogurt –2 cups
- Green Chilies – optional
- Salt – to taste
- Garam Masala – 1 heaping tsp
- Coriander Powder –1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili Powder – to taste/optional
- Tomatoes – 2 large
- Fresh Cilantro – 3 sprigs
- Prep by chopping the following finely: 2 Onions, Green Chilies, Ginger and Garlic.
- In a pressure cooker, add the following: chopped Onions, washed Meat, Garlic, 3Ginger, beaten Yogurt, Green Chilies, Salt, Garam Masala, Coriander, Cumin and Red Chili Powders.
- Add in 1-cup water and mix well.
- Pressure cook on high heat for 2 whistles.
- After pressure is gone, open cooker and add the rest of the Onions (sliced) and the Tomatoes (chopped).
- Cook uncovered on medium heat till the meat is done (approximately 10 mins). Cook longer if you like thicker gravy.
- Garnish with chopped Cilantro and serve.
- Serves 4-6
1. Chicken tends to cook really fast so if you do like thick gravy – take out the chicken pieces, thicken the gravy and then add the chicken back in.