Mutton Do Pyaza
Recipe type: Curries
This is one of those fool-proof recipes and when we say ‘ANYONE’ can make it, we mean it!!! And the best part – there is no oil involved.
- Onions – 4 (Medium size)
- Mutton (Lamb, Beef or Goat) -2 lbs (bite size chunks)
- Garlic –3 cloves
- Ginger– 2 tbsp
- Yogurt –2 cups
- Green Chilies – optional
- Salt –to taste
- Garam Masala–1 heaping tsp
- Coriander Powder –1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – to taste/optional
- Meat Tenderizer – ½ tsp
- Tomatoes – 2 large
- Fresh Cilantro – 3 sprigs
- Prep by chopping the following finely: 2 Onions, Green Chilies, Ginger and Garlic.
- In a pressure cooker, add the following: chopped Onions, washed Meat, Garlic, Ginger, beaten Yogurt, Green Chilies, Salt, Garam Masala, Coriander, Cumin, Red Chili powders.
- Add Meat Tenderizer, 1-cup water and mix well.
- Pressure cook on high heat for 5 whistles.
- After pressure is gone, open cooker and add the rest of the Onions (sliced) and the Tomatoes (chopped).
- Cook uncovered on medium heat till the meat is done (approximately 20mins). Cook longer if you like thicker gravy.
- Add chopped Cilantro as a garnish and serve.
- Serves 4-6