Chicken Nellore Style
Recipe type: Curries
Enjoy the new different Nellore recipe,very easy to make at home.enjoy the weekend.
- 250 gm boneless chicken-cut into ½" cubes
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic-chopped fine and ground
- 1 tbsp ginger-chopped fine and ground
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 3-4 whole red peppers
- ¾ cup onions-chopped fine
- ¼ cup bamboo shoots-sliced
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup oil
- some greens for garnish (like finely chopped spring onion leaves)
- Grind the garlic, ginger and chilli powder together.
- Mix chicken with the ground paste and vinegar. Keep aside for at least ½ an hour.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the whole red peppers and saute over high heat till they darken a bit. Add the onions and stir-fry over high heat till glossy.
- Lift off the onions and peppers and keep aside. Add the chicken and stir-fry over high heat, till opaque. Lower the heat and cook till tender.
- Add the onion mixture and bamboo shoots and mix. Add the soya sauce, chilli sauce and salt and mix well over high heat.
- Serve hot garnished with the greens.