Recipe type: Curries
Chicken Pasanda is one dish that just oozes flavor and with a name like that it just sounds complicated. Watch, learn and unfold the mysteries of an awesome dish that will have you licking your fingers! A perfect party dish that just for the family, it’s perfect in every way.
- Skinless Chicken – 2lb (approx 1kg)
- Vinegar – 1.5 Tbsp
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- Paprika/Degi Mirch – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Ginger Paste – 1.5 Tbsp
- Garlic Paste – 2 Tbsp
- Crushed Tomatoes – 1.5 cups
- Water – as needed for desired consistency
- Fried Onions – 1 cup, crushed
- Cilantro – for garnish
- Poke holes in the chicken and and mix White Vinegar into it.
- Mix well and set aside for 15-20 min.
- Mix the following with the chicken: Yogurt, Salt, Red Chili Powder, Paprika and Garam Masala.
- Mix well, set aside and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or better still, overnight.
- In a flat bottomed pan, heat the Oil.
- Add in the Ginger and Garlic and lower the heat, allow them to get a little color.
- Add in the Crushed Tomatoes and let the moisture evaporate.
- Cover and cook till the Oil separates from the Tomatoes.
- Once the Oil separates, add in the Chicken.
- Mix well and add in some water if needed.
- Mix again and cover and allow it to cook ¾th of the way.
- Crush the Fried Onions and add them to the Chicken.
- Mix again and cover and cook till the Chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Once done, garnish with Cilantro and it’s ready to serve.