Chicken In Silky Spinach Curry Murg Saagwala
Recipe type: Curries
Murg Saagwala is a popular north Indian dish where chicken pieces are cooked in mildly spiced spinach gravy. A very healthy and nutritious dish.
- Spinach Paste 1 Cup
- Tomato Chopped (medium Size) 3 Numbers
- Coriander Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Cumin Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Chilly Powder 1 Tablespoons
- Turmeric ¼ Teaspoons
- Green Chilly Chopped 3 Numbers
- Ginger Paste 1 Teaspoons
- Garlic Slices 5 Numbers
- Onion Chopped 1 Numbers
- Oil 2 Tablespoons
- Chicken 750 Grams
- Kasoori Methi ½ Teaspoons
- Nut Meg Powder Pinch
- Garam Masala Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Cream 1 Tablespoons
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onions, salt, cook this till golden in colour,
- add slice of garlic, ginger paste, chopped green chilly, turmeric, chilly powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, chopped tomatoes, mix it well,
- add chicken pieces, sauté it along with the tomato masala cook this until 70 % cooked, add spinach paste (blanch the spinach put it into the blender make a paste),
- add kasoori methi, nut meg powder, garam masala powder, add some cream, mix it well, switch off the flame.
- Serve this with naan, chapatti.