Mutton and ridge gourd curry
Recipe type: Curries
Mutton and ridge gourd curry is an excellent meat preparation with mutton cooked with ridge gourd in a yummy and spicy masala gravy. This dish is popularly known as Beerakaya mamsam.
- Ridge Gourd 150 Grams
- Salt To Taste
- Turmeric 1 Pinch
- Onion Chopped 1 Numbers
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 Tablespoons
- Green Chilly 4 Numbers
- Cumin Seeds ¼ Teaspoons
- Whole Garam Masala (each) 2 Numbers
- Mutton 250 Grams
- Poppy Seed Paste 1 Teaspoons
- Heat oil in a pan add whole garam masala, cumin seeds, green chilly, ginger garlic paste, saute it
- and add chopped onions, turmeric, salt, ridge gourd pieces and add mutton stock and add poppy seeds paste, put the lid on and let it cook this till ridge gourd is tender,
- then add boiled mutton, cook this along with ridge gourd for 5 minutes, then switch off the flame.
- Serve this with chapatti, naan, and rice.