Coriander chicken curry
Recipe type: Curries
This delicious red curry is full of healthy vegetables for a complete family meal
- olive oil cooking spray
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g green beans, trimmed, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriander
- coriander sprigs and steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Heat a wok over high heat. Spray with oil. Stir-fry chicken, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Remove to a bowl.
- Return wok to high heat. Spray with oil. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft. Add curry paste. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and 1 cup warm water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add beans and zucchini. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until zucchini is just cooked through. Return chicken to wok. Add lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and chopped coriander. Stir gently until heated through. Serve curry with rice and coriander sprigs.