Recipe type: Curries
Dosakaya Mutton is a special telangana receipe. Especially in the summer people love to eat mutton along with cucumber..
- Mutton 500 grams
- Cucumber 1 (medium size)
- Onions 2 (medium size)
- Ginger & garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 2 tbsp
- Turmeric poder 2 pinch
- Red chilli powder 2 tbsp
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Water 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a deep vessel or cooker,add chopped onions.
- After they become translucent add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste and mix it well.
- Now Add mutton cut into desired pieces. Cook it on medium flame.
- After a while add salt, red chilli powder and mix it well.
- Keep your cooker’s lid (not with whistle) and let it cook for sometime until the mutton cooks and oozes liquid.
- Now add 2 cups water and keep the cookerlid with whistle and let it cook until 2 or 3 whistles.
- Turn off the stove, let the steam out then open the lid.
- Now add chopped cucumber pieces to this mutton and keep again on the stove until 1 whistle.
- Let the steam out and open the lid now.
- Finally add coriander powder and turn off the stove.
- Garnish with kaju and serve.