Golden egg curry
Recipe type: Curries
Turmeric gives a golden gloss to hard-boiled eggs in this fantastic coconut-based curry.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 12 fresh curry leaves
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 400ml can coconut cream
- Pappadums, to serve
- Place the eggs in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 7 minutes. Drain. Peel the eggs.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring often, for 7 minutes or until golden. Add the tomato, curry leaves, mustard seeds and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the mustard seeds pop. Stir in the coconut cream and simmer, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly. Add the eggs and cook for 1 minute or until warmed through.
- Serve the egg curry with pappadums.
For recipes classified gluten free, please always check your ingredients to ensure they do not contain gluten.