Red chicken curry
Recipe type: Curries
Lose yourself in this fragrant, flavourful Red chicken curry.
- 1½ tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400ml can Trident coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 large dried chillies, roughly chopped (see tip)
- 250g baby green beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally
- Steamed jasmine rice and fresh Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Step 1:
- Place curry paste and chicken in a ceramic bowl. Toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits.
- Step 2:
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir-fry chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add coconut milk. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Step 3:
- Stir in fish sauce and sugar. Cook for 1 minute. Add chilli and beans. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Step 4:
- Spoon rice into bowls. Spoon over curry. Top with basil. Serve.