Singapore chicken rice (Hainnaise chicken)
Recipe type: non-veg
Hainanese chicken rice is a dish of Chinese origin, and is most commonly associated with Hainanese, Malaysian and Singaporean cuisines, although it is also sold in Thailand. It is based on the well-known Hainanese dish called Wenchang chicken, due to its roots in Hainan cuisine
- Spring Onions Chopped 2 Tablespoons
- Garlic Chopped 1 Teaspoons
- Pepper Corns 5 Numbers
- Salt To Taste
- Garlic 100 Grams
- Ginger 100 Grams
- Spring Onions 1 Numbers
- Whole Chicken 1000 Grams
- Butter 2 Tablespoons
- Basmati Rice 1 Cup
- Soya Sauce 2 Tablespoons
- Sesame Seed Oil 1 Teaspoons
- Take whole chicken and apply salt, and stuff it with spring onions, ginger, garlic and pour the water, and cover this and refrigerate over night. 2. Heat water in a big bowl and add whole stuffed chicken, salt, put the lid on and cook for 40 minutes in a slow flame, After 40 minutes take out the chicken and cool it down, use chilled water or ice bath.
- Take some Soya sauce, add sesame seed oil mix it well and coat the chicken, put it in the refrigerator.
- In the same chicken stock, add pepper corns, garlic, spring onions, butter, salt once come to boil, add basmati rice, pandanu leaves once it starts boiling, turn the heat to low and cover, let it simmer for 20 minutes till the rice is done.
- And serve this rice with chicken.