Pumpkin and Dill Seed Soup
Recipe type: soups
A thick creamy soup made using not-so-common vegetable pumpkin and dill seeds and mildly flavoured with onions and black pepper powder.
- 3 cups red pumpkin (bhopla / kaddu) cubes
- ½ tsp dill seeds (suva dana)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup milk
- freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onion greens
- Heat the butter in a non-stick deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the dill seeds and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the pumpkin pieces, salt and 3 cups of water and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes. Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, blend using a hand blender to a smooth mixture.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh cream and spring onion greens.