Quick Vegetable Broth ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe)
Recipe type: soups
Colourful, tasty, easy-to-cook and great to boost your vitamin a levels. Brimming with the goodness of horde of vegetables, it's a low-cal treat too.
- ½ cup thinly sliced onions
- ½ cup peeled potatoes , thinly sliced
- ½ cup tomatoes , thinly sliced
- ¼ cup peeled carrots , thinly sliced
- ¼ cup peeled bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki) , thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery (ajmoda) , chopped (optional)
- ¼ tsp low-fat butter
- 4 peppercorns (kalimirch)
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- ½ tsp chopped dill leaves (shepu / suva bhaji)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 3 tbsp grated low-fat paneer
- Combine all the vegetables, butter, peppercorns and salt with the 3 cups of hot water and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with the dill leaves, coriander and paneer.