Rajma and Spinach Soup
Recipe type: soups
Succulent and subtle, this delicately flavoured soup is made from an unusual combination, that of rajma and spinach. So health-wise you have a protein-enriched meal. The pairing of flavours is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. Enjoy it as a good beginning to your meal and add some grated cheese for appeal and to add richness to the soup.
- ½ tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped spinach (palak)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- ¼ tsp crushed garlic (lehsun)
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- ¼ cup soaked and boiled rajma (kidney beans)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- For The Garnish
- 3 tbsp grated processed cheese
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach, salt and pepper and sauté on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano and dry red chilli flakes and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the rajma and 4 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Lower the flame and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée and simmer on slow flame for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with cheese.