Nutritious Paneer Soup ( Healthy Soups and Salads Recipe)
Recipe type: soups
A lip-smacking soup using low-fat paneer which serves as a good change to begin a meal. Paneer being rich in calcium and protein helps to maintain bone strength and repairs damaged tissues.
- 100 gms low-fat paneer , cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- ¾ cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1½ tsp low fat butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- Cook the moong dal, spinach and onion in 4½ cups of water. Cool to room temperature.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth puree and strain using a sieve.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan, add the butter, salt, pepper and paneer, mix well and bring to boil.
- Serve hot.