Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Recipe type: Snacks
Sweet Potatoes (also known as yams) are a nutritious alternative to regular or common potatoes. They are high in fiber and rich in vitamin C, beta carotene, B-complex and iron. Try substituting these baked sweet potato fries with your sandwich or soup instead of potato chips or regular French fries. — guilt free pleasure!
- Sweet Potato
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Citric Acid – powdered (options: lime/lemon juice or dry mango powder (amchur))
- Red Chili Powder
- Chaat Masala
- Garam Masala
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Wash, peel and cut Sweet Potatoes to desired size and shape. Avoid cutting very thin slices.
- Drizzle just enough Olive Oil to coated the potatoes well.
- Sprinkle a little Salt (careful: you will be using more later) and toss well.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange potatoes in a single layer.
- Place baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Toss the fries. Move baking sheet to the top rack of the oven and broil on high for 5 minutes (or until fries golden brown).
- Remove from oven and transfer into a bowl.
- While the fries are still hot, add Citric Acid, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala and Chaat Masala.
- Toss to coat spices evenly.