Bhel Puri – Chaat
Recipe type: Snacks
Bhel Puri is one variety of Indian “street food” known as “Chaat”. With a nice balance of flavors, including savory, sweet and spicy, Bhel Puri is a perfect snack or appetizer idea. Try this recipe — it’s sure to please!
- Pre-packaged Bhel Mix – 3 cups
- Onion – ½ medium, finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 small, finely chopped
- Raw Mango – small piece, finely chopped (optional)
- Cilantro – 5 sprigs, finely chopped
- Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
- Tamarind Chutney - to taste
- Mint Chutney - to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together Bhel Mix, Onions, Tomatoes, Raw
- Mango, Cilantro and Green Chilies.
- Add Tamarind Chutney and Mint Chutney according to your
- taste. Remember that Tamarind Chutney is sweet and Mint Chutney
- is sour.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
- Serves 3-4
1 Depending on the freshness of your pre-packaged Bhel Mix, you may 2 want to lightly roast the mix in a skillet to make it crispy. 3 The key to adding the right amount of chutneys is that the Bhel Puri should be lightly coated but not dripping in chutney. 4 If the pre-packaged Bhel Mix is not pre-spiced, you may want to add additional salt, red chili powder or chaat masala. 5 Tamarind Chutney Recipe 6 Mint Chutney Recipe