Recipe type: Appetiser
Pan-Seared Shrimp is such an easy dish to make and so appetizing. I love the rich color that the Turmeric and the Tandoori Masala bring to the shrimp. Pan-Seared Shrimp are great as snacks or appetizers…my kids love them as a after school snack. Shrimp, as we all know, are an excellent source of calcium and protein.
- Shrimp - ½ lb (approx 20 pcs)
- Salt – ¼ tsp, or to taste
- Turmeric - ½ tsp
- Red Chili Powder - ½ tsp or to taste
- Tandoori Masala – 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
- Wash and de-vein the shrimp, keeping the tail on or off.
- Mix remaining ingredients with the shrimp and let it marinate for minimum ½ hour.
- Heat a skillet on high heat and add about ½ tsp of oil. Allow Oil to heat.
- Add the shrimp, cover and let them cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove cover and flip the shrimp over. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Shrimp should get a little caramelized/seared.
- Serve immediately.