Chakkera Pongali Recipe
Recipe type: sweets
Learn how to make Chakkera Pongali recipe at home. Sweet rice - Usually prepared on festival days. If you find this Chakkera Pongali recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Chakkera Pongali recipe, so that any one can make this Chakkera Pongali very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- Fine Rice(not Basmathi) : 2 Cups
- Green gram : ⅓ cup
- Milk : 2 cups
- Water : 1 cup
- Sugar powder : 2 cups
- Cashew nuts : 100 gms
- Kismis - Dry : 50 gms
- Fresh coconut slices-small : ¼ cup
- Ghee : 250 ml
- Wash the rice and green gram, drain and keep aside.
- In 2 spoons of ghee, fry the coconut pieces, cashew nuts and kismis and keep them aside.
- Put a thick vessel on the stove, add milk and water and bring to boil. Now add rice and green gram and cook for some time. Add the fried ingredients and cook until the rice is done.
- Put off the flame and add sugar powder immediately. Mix well until the sugar melts completely.
- Warm the ghee and add to the preparation and mix thoroughly.
- Serve hot