Sakkarai Pongal Recipe
Recipe type: sweets
Learn how to make Sakkarai Pongal recipe at home. A special dish for sankrathi, especially for peole in southern part of andhra If you find this Sakkarai Pongal recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Sakkarai Pongal recipe, so that any one can make this Sakkarai Pongal very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- 2 litres milk
- 10 almonds
- 1½ cups newly harvested rice
- ¼ cup moong dal
- 15 cashewnuts
- 1½ cup jaggery grated
- 30 kishmis
- ¼ level teaspoon nutrieg powder
- ¼ teaspoon saffron crushed 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee.
- Chop almonds and cashew nuts.
- Clean kismis
- Pour milk in the earthen pot called `Pongapani' and place it on fire.
- When the milk starts boiling add rice and dal, after washing.
- As soon as the rice and dal are cooked to softness, add jaggery and ghee.
- Let cook on medium fire for some time and then put in almond and cashew nut bits, saffron nutrieg and cardamom powders.
- Lastly put in the kismis.
- Bring to one or two good boils.