Tandoori Cheese Fingers
Recipe type: Snacks
Tandoori Cheese Fingers, bread sticks made with tandoori masala and cheese. Enjoy with hot cup of coffee or soft drinks. Also makes a good starter to serve with dips and sauces.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup grated processed cheese
- 2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- To Be Mixed For The Tandoori Masala Paste
- 2 tbsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg (jaiphal) powder
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch)
- 2 tbsp garlic (lehsun) powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- For The Bread Dough
- 4 cups plain flour (maida)
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- For the bread dough
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough using water.
- How to proceed
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll each portion into a circle.
- Take one rolled portion and spread some cheese evenly over it and sprinkle some herbs. Place another portion of the rolled dough over it and spread the tandoori paste evenly over it and and cut into strips.
- Spread the cheese over the strips and sprinkle the herbs.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make more strips.
- Place the strips on a baking tray and bake in a pre heated oven at 180°C (360°F) until cheese melts and just starts to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle red chilli flakes and herbs if required and serve it with a dip or sauce.