Vankaya Pachadi Receipe
Recipe type: Pickles
This is another type of famous chatni in the south India and especially in Andhra. This is a very spice type of chatni made up of the spices only. Following are the ingredients of making Vankaya-pachadi
- Red chilies : – 8-9 whole chilies
- Green chilies: – 5-6 chopped chilies
- Salt : – As per taste
- Balls of tamarind : – 6-7 small balls
- Mustard seeds : – 1 tea spoon
- Coriander seeds: – 3 tea spoon
- Tomatoes: – 2 chopped tomatoes
- Eggplants : – 2 chopped eggplants
- Cumin seeds: – 1 tea spoon
- Fenugreek seeds: – ½ tea spoon
- Oil: – 2 tea spoon
- Garlic : – 4 cloves
- Curry leaves: – 15-20 leaves
- Initially take water into the glass and deep the tamarind balls into it.
- Take a pan hit the oil and add he coriander seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds. Also add the red chilies (whole). Keep this mixture on a head alone for 1 minute.
- Take a mixer pot and grind the above mixture into a powder very well.
- In the same pan of oil add the green chilies (chopped), tomatoes and the eggplants and fry it properly. Grind this mixture properly as well.
- Mix the paste with the powder make in 3rd step.
- Now take water and the tamarind balls in it. Riddle it and remove all the seeds to make it proper smooth pulp.
- Mix this tamarind pulp into the mixture of step 5.
- After this again hit some oil into the pan and put the garlic, mustard seeds and curries leaves and keeps it spluttering for some time.
- Add this fry to the mixture of step 5. Now your chatney is ready.