BATATA PAPAD FRY BHAAJI POTATOES AND PAPAD CURRY
Recipe type: Curries
Papad aur bataata Sabzi is an exceptionally traditional dish from the cuisine of Rajasthan and Gujarat. It is a popular and favourite ethnic food of the vegetarians among the people living in western India. This dish is made from papad which is also commonly known as appadam or pappadam.
- Red Chilli Powder 1 Teaspoons
- Turmeric Powder ¼ Teaspoons
- Salt To Taste
- Curry Leaves few Springs
- Onions, Chopped 1 Small
- Cumin Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Oil 2 Tablespoons
- Potatoes, Thinly Sliced 2 Numbers
- Lijjat Masala Papad 2 Numbers
- Tomato, Chopped 1 Large
- Ground Coconut 2 Teaspoons
- Heat oil in a pan and when the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds. When they sizzle, add curry leaves, chopped onions and just sauté. Add thin sliced potatoes pieces and cook on medium heat. Add a pinch of salt and mix well. Cover with lid and cook for few minutes till the potatoes are transparent or half cooked. Add turmeric and chilli powder. Take masala lijjat papad and break them into pieces and add in the pan. Mix well, cover and cook on a slow flame. Cook till the papads are dry and slightly crispy. Add some chopped tomatoes, 2 tsp ground coconut (optional). Mix and cook for another 3-4 minutes. The dish is ready to be served.