Cashew Curry Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Cashew Curry recipe using our easy to make homemade Cashew Curry recipes. Try this homemade Cashew Curry cooking recipe at your home.
- ½ cup ghee
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup grated onions
- 15-20 cashew nuts-soaked for ½ hour and ground to a paste
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds-soaked ½ hour and ground to a paste
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp nariyal ka burada (dessicated coconut)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp powdered coriander seeds)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2-3 green chillies-slit
- ¼ cup khoya-mashed into a paste with water
- 1½ cups mixed vegetables of your choice-blanched
- ¼ cup thick cream-to garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves-for garnish
- Heat the ghee in a heavy based pan, and add the cumin. When the seeds splutter, add onions and saute till a light brown. Now add the ground paste and saut?ill the fat separates.
- Increase the heat, add the vegetables, and turn around to mix. Add the turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, dhania, salt and the green chillies, and stir-fry to mix well.
- Add 1½ cups water and the khoya, bring to a boil, and then simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the cream and coriander leaves.