Spiced Banana Curry Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Spiced Banana Curry recipe using our easy to make homemade Spiced Banana Curry recipes. Try this homemade Spiced Banana Curry cooking recipe at your home
- 150ml coconut oil
- 5 dried red chillies
- 2 large raw bananas - peeled and chunked
- 100 gm freshly grated coconut
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tsp grated jaggery
- 200 ml yoghurt
- 14 curry leaves
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Fried coconut strips
- Heat 1 tbsp oil and fry the red chillies for 5 seconds. Fry bananas in remaining hot oil until colored. Drain.
- Grind coconut and green chillies to a fine paste. Mix with jaggery and salt. Cook in 1 tbsp chilli oil for 5 minutes over a moderate heat.
- Add yoghurt to the pan. Stir and fry for 5 minutes. Add the banana pieces to the pan and heat through.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tsp oil. Toss in curry leaves, mustard and cumin seeds. Fry lightly and pour over banana curry.
- Garnish and serve with boiled rice.