Doodhi In A Jiffy
Recipe type: Curries
This can be had with sabudana khichdi or sabudana vada for special taste.
- 1 bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki)
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 cup curds (dahi)
- 4 chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- oil for cooking
- salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
- Peel and wash the bottle gourd and cut into square cubes, but not too small. Keep aside.
- In a deep pan, bring water to boil and add lauki and cook for around 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the curds and add some water and whisk well.
- Heat the oil in kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add ½ cup of water and buttermilk and keep stiring until it comes to a boil.
- Add the green chillies, lauki, crushed groundnuts, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.