Dondakaya Kurma Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Dondakaya Kurma recipe at home. Dondakaya Kurma is a vegetarian curry recipe with is very spicy. This Dondakaya Kurma is very easy to make and tasty too. The complete preparation of Dondakaya Kurma is mentioned below in detail. If you find this Dondakaya Kurma recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Dondakaya Kurma recipe, so that any one can make this Dondakaya Kurma very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- Dondakaya chopped – 2 cups
- Onions chopped – 1 cup
- Green chillies grind paste - 2 spoons
- Curry leaves- 10
- Coconut (grated) - 2 spoons
- Popy seeds – 2 spoons Ginger and garlic paste: ½ spoons
- Garamasala- ½ spoons
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Turmeric (optional) - 1 pinch
- Mustard seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Chenna dal- 1 tea spoon
- Red dry chillies (broken) - 3
- Black gram (urad dal-husked) - 1 tea spoon
- Coriander chopped – 1 cup
- Give Pressure cook the Dondakaya pieces for one whistle.
- Take a pan, add oil and heat it. Add mustard seeds, red dry chillies, cumin seeds, black gram, chenna dal, turmeric, curry leaves and sesame powder to fry.
- Add Onions chopped and fry till it becomes golden red. Put green chillies paste, ginger and garlic paste and fry well.
- Add water of two cups and boil it, now add cooked Dondakaya pieces and fry this by closing the lid.
- Prepare a fine paste with fried Popy seeds and coconut.
- Add this paste, Garam masala, Green chillies grind paste and salt to the Curry and cook for 10 minutes (add water id necessary).
- Finally take this Dondakaya Kurma into serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and onions and lemon.