Drumstick Leaf Upkari
Recipe type: Curries
Drumstick leaves are believed to be a miraculous remedy for eye problems. Eating them regularly keeps all eye diseases at bay! they are prescribed for people with poor vision ( caused due to vitamin deficiency) and for blood pressure etc. Its nature's miracle cure for many diseases.
- 4 cups drumstick leaves (saragva bhaji)
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 2 broken whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (lehsun)
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp boiled moong (whole green gram) dal
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp freshly grated coconut
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the garlic and onions and salt and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the green chillies and the drumstick leaves and little water enough for the leaves to get cooked and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the moong dal, turmeric powder and saute till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the coconut and asafoetida and mix well.
- Serve hot.