Recipe type: Curries
Drumstick Vegetable, is semi dry gravy with lots of peanuts and regular spices.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 cup roasted and crushed peanuts
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp coriander (dhania) cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- salt to taste
- 2 sticks of drumsticks , boiled and cut into finger length pieces
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the peanuts and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander cumin seeds powder and salt, mix well and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the drumstick, mix well and cook for more 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.